Saturday, July 26, 2014

A beautiful Saturday

I pushed away from the sewing machine for a few days
and made some tin jewelry instead.
This morning I took Debbie to a shop the my cousin Susan and I found when she was here with me. Debbie loves rali cloth, and almost everything in the shop is made from it. I also love the fabric. I have a couple of silk scarves and two cotton kantha quilts made from it. While the fabric is new, the hand-stitching technique that's used by the women of India is centuries old.

We also went to a gallery, of sorts. The poor old man and the gallery were a crazy mess. In fact, the gallery is such a mess that the man pulls binds out for people to go through. He doesn't even sit in the gallery. I was interested in the "ledger art" that he had. Some of the ledger paper that's painted on dates back to the Civil War. I was a good girl and didn't buy anything, but I'm still thinking about several of the pieces.

Today I'm creating a trip to the Spanish Market. Debbie and I were there at 8 a.m. when it opened and had finished looking at everything before 9 a.m. I've enjoyed the Spanish Market in past years, but this year there was nothing I wanted to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment