Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Monday, y'all!

After I make a few block quilts I may move
on to something more difficult.  Or not.
As expected, Sunday was followed by Monday. And I bet tomorrow will be Tuesday. Funny how that works week after week.

I'm trying to get in touch with an arborist who has been recommended to me. Again this year, there was a late freeze and snow storm that destroyed all the apricot buds on our huge tree here. I noticed when I was walking around it that there are some dead limbs that need to be removed, and there is some type of resin-like bubbles on many of the branches. Our tree has been invaded by some type of critter. Hopefully the arborist will call me sooner rather than later and fix the tree problems.

Today I'm creating my second quilt top. I cut out the blocks last weekend and pieced it together from vintage lime green, pale blue and snow white chenille. The finished size of this quilt will be 30" x 36", so I should be able to put it on the dining room table to fit the batting and backing. My project for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment