Tuesday, July 8, 2014

'That's all I have today'

Perennials blooming in the garden.
In anticipation of my serger and three how-to books arriving today, I cut out quilt squares last night only to discover that I didn't have enough fabric. It was a bummer that I didn't have enough fabric, but also fun because it meant spending time online looking for more. Cool!

This morning around 10 a.m. Rose started barking so I knew the Fedex man had arrived. I ran out the back door to find him throwing a box onto the portal (porch) and yelling "stay, stay" at Rose. I could tell from the size that the box only contained books so I ask him about a bigger box. I thought he would go back to his truck to look for another box, but he was much more concerned about barking Rose. "No other box," he hollered while sliding the door closed on his truck. (If he only knew Rose is fairly blind and probably couldn't see him.) Now I have three books to read today before the serger arrives tomorrow … hopefully.

Today I'm creating a mental apology to all my former math teachers, from elementary school through college. As I've said before, I was never a math wiz and often questioned why I needed to learn this or that. I knew for certain I would never use those skills after I got out of school. Last night I needed all my forgotten skills and more when I tried to figure out how many quilt squares I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment