Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16, 2013

Really small photo of
my grandfather.
I love all the photos everyone is posting of their dads. My profile picture is of my dad and me. I got a message from one of my grandmother's relatives this morning. (Maybe his father and my grandmother were cousins?) He left me an early birthday wish on Facebook and mentioned how much his father loved to fish with my grandfather. My grandfather loved cars and boats, and I'm not sure in which order. He was a wonderful fisherman and a great grandfather. Today's pic-of-the-day is of the original Truett Bryan Akin as a young man.

As the story has been passed down to me, the picture of was taken during the depression when he worked as a truck driver for a furniture company. He, my grandmother and daddy, lived in an unfinished garage somewhere in the Heights. When he delivered something he would take the cardboard box home and nail it to the inside of the garage to serve as insulation.

Today I'm creating sangria. It's in the fridge now. We're celebrating father's day, #1 son-in-law's birthday and my birthday with family this afternoon. Hope they're ready for some cool sangria on a hot afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment