Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19, 2013

I had fun mixing and matching tins last weekend
while I was making jewelry. Some of the results.
It was heart warming to receive so many birthday wishes yesterday on Facebook. I kept logging in to my account so I could see who had left me a message.

Dinner last night with Mr. B at Brennan's was as wonderful as always. Turtle soup. Crab cakes. Bananas Foster. It doesn't get any better. We had never been seated in the room where we sat last night, so that was also fun. While sitting there we talked about redoing the dining room in the Houston house. Mr. B seemed to be OK with the idea that I'm ready for a change.

Today I'm creating a trip to Galveston to attend a conference. The executive director of Bayou City Art Festival arrived about 7:45 a.m. Neither of us are morning people, but we got up and to Galveston on time. The conference was produced by Texans for the Arts Foundation. It was an arts funding and leadership development workshop, most of which was terrific! The morning speaker was so informative about fundraising. The afternoon speaker stood behind a podium and clicked through his slides. Some of his topics were interesting, but after lunch I could have used a little more sizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment