Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1, 2013

Early morning set up for the garage sale. 
It's garage sale day at the Pettit Houston house. The garage sale is really for Mr. B's long-time friend Susan. Her father died recently and her mother is now in a nursing facility. Susan and her sister have been cleaning out their parents' home. They had a very successful garage sale at the house last month while I was in Santa Fe. Then they had another one two weeks ago at another friend's house, but it didn't do well. Now they are back at the our house, hoping for another great sale. Both sides of the yard are pretty filled with items.

There's a lone table between the magnolia and pecan tree in the front yard, filled with 50+ pairs of my shoes. Many closed-toed pumps from my corporate days. Don't need those anymore. Many more from the "what-was-I-thinking" category. And still more from the whatever happened to the one outfit I wore with those shoes category. I'm actually not unhappy about selling the shoes because it makes more room in my closet for new zapatos.

Today I'm creating date night with Mr. B. A dear friend who we originally met as Dr. Mc's art teacher is having an gallery opening tonight. We have several pieces of her artwork already, but it never hurts to purchase more art. Or shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment