Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 2013

We had a very nice birthday dinner for Dr. Mc last night at Brooklyn Athletic Club, which is owned by friends. BAC just opened at the end of December 2012, with great outdoor areas and a small indoor space. When I say small, I mean SMALL. Thanks to Shep for making a table for us. We can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer to play some games in the outdoor space. As we were leaving last night we were talking about Mr. B's birthday, which is March 18. The weather should be really nice by then.

I haven't spoken to my friend Mitzie today, but I know her family is in mourning after the Fiesta Bowl. She and her family are HUGE K State fans. In fact, Mitzie and her husband, Bob, went to the bowl game in Phoenix. The pic-of-the-day shows them photographed with K State grad and fan Eric Stonestreet, who plays Cameron Tucker on Modern Family. They were all smiling on Wednesday, but not last night after Oregon beat K State (35-17). Hope they had a good time in Phoenix otherwise. Bob is such a football fan! I'm sure he is now looking forward to the Cotton Bowl when Texas A&M plays Oklahoma. Should be an interesting family rivalry since their daughter and TAM grad, Ashley, married Oklahoma native, Taylor, on Nov. 3, 2012.

Today I'm creating dinner for Mr. B and making plans to get out of the house on Saturday. I've been such a lazy bum that I have lots of errands to take care of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment