Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10, 2013

Fun lunch, Marta!
I'm still typing and writing 2012. How long does it take to break an old habit? I'm not sure, but with me it's more than 10 days!

I had a fun lunch today with friend and former colleague Marta. I don't think I've seen her in six months, so it was good to catch up. And I got to eat Pad Thai. Marta, like me, is keeping a hand in marketing communications while pursuing other creative ventures. Besides making jewelry, she is also doing really remarkable pet drawings. Since I can't even draw stick figures, I'm so impressed by people who can draw or paint. As Marta used to say when we worked together, "I'm words and she's pictures."

Today I'm creating jewelry. After lunch I went to Michael's to get some supplies. It's difficult to be around beads that are on sale when you're on a budget. But I only spent my cash and didn't reach for a credit card. Good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment