Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013

Stylish coat, Mrs. O.

The girls (Roz and Rose) and I have spent the entire day watching coverage of all-things inauguration. Well, actually the girls have slept through most of it. Lots of interesting comments about Michelle Obama's dress and coat. I will tell all the haters the same thing I tell Mr. B when he makes negative comments about people's clothing choices: Just because it's not your style doesn't make it bad style. Many of the clothes Mrs. Obama wears are not something I would wear, but that doesn't mean I think her taste is terrible or her clothes are awful. They're just not my taste. Today, I liked the coat that Mrs. O wore, but not so much the dress and sweater she was wearing under them.

I find it interesting that selling tickets to the inauguration festivities was put in the hands of Ticketmaster, a widely loathed company. After promising the tickets would go on sale on the morning of Jan. 7, Ticketmaster emailed the link the night of Jan. 6. The tickets to the official public inauguration ball ($60) and parade sold out quickly, leading to a lot of angry Obama supporters. Ticketmaster responded: "Public tickets to these events were originally scheduled to go on sale tomorrow morning — you received the email tonight in error, and Ticketmaster takes responsibility for this mistake." So, did the people who bought tickets on Jan. 6 get to keep their tickets? Or were the tickets relisted for sale on Jan. 7? 

Today I'm creating collateral for an marketing campaign. And I'm still not interested in watching The Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment