Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15, 2013

Roz, before she lost a front tooth.
Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out the obvious! For example, I slept on the right side of the bed where there was a reading light on the end table. But last year, I switched to the left side of the bed to protect my foot/ankle while it was injured. I had to lean over and stretch to the right side of the bed to turn the lamp on and off. So today I had a light bulb moment. I finally switched my reading lamp to the table on the left side of the bed. Now I can see when I'm on the computer or reading in bed. It only took me 11 months to figure out that simple and practical move.

Earlier this week Mr. B told me that Roz had lost a tooth. I looked in her mouth and sure enough, there is a tooth missing. It's on the bottom, just left of center. Since she is a Shih Tzu, she has a serious underbite which makes the missing tooth really noticeable. We've had her for five years, but really don't know how old she is because she is a rescue dog. Losing a tooth makes me think she is older than we thought, or else she has bad gums.

Today I'm creating a press release. I was at my Tuesday client's office earlier today, but didn't stay long. Carpenters had built and installed a beautiful bookcase with cabinet doors and drawers on the bottom. This morning the painters were in the process of varnishing the pieces and the fumes were overwhelming. After being in the office for an hour and a half, my head was throbbing! It's actually too cold in Houston (38 degrees) to open the windows to let the fumes escape, so I slipped out the door. I'm going to take some Tylenol and then turn off my handy reading lamp so Roz and I can have a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment