Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013

I didn't make this purse, but saved it because I like how the
bottom is a different fabric and the main bag.
Yesterday I mentioned in my blog that I knew two people who worked at Long Star College. Last night one of them posted on FB: "Very intense day, thanks to all for messages of support & concern. All is well at Lone Star College this evening. It was not an active shooter scenario, but an altercation between two individuals. An innocent employee was shot, in addition to the two people involved in the argument. We are reviewing and evaluating all aspects of the incident and will surely learn from the experience. Very sad that the national debate on gun responsibility has landed so close to home."

I like how Laura explained the incident as, "not an active shooter scenario, but an altercation ... ." Still, why does it enter people's minds to settle their differences with a gun? Are we living in the Old West? Who else as a parent told their children to use their words? Or was that a phrase only used in Montessori schools that the lovely McCarley sisters attended?

Today I'm creating press releases. And I think my nails could use a manicure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment