Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 19, 2013

Wine and cheese party from Thursday night.
After attending the party I coordinated on Thursday night, I realized that I have casual clothes and dressy clothes, but nothing in-between. It has probably been five or six years since I worked in a corporate environment. At that time, I did contract work for American General Annuity and Valic in the afternoons. Just before AIG (which owns both American General Annuity and Valic) took a bailout from the government, they cut all their contractors and freelancers. It was sad for me because I liked keeping my foot in corporate America. In my humble opinion, it think it was probably sadder for the two companies because I was the best writer they had! With my experience, I can write about everything and I can also write in different styles/voices, whether it's business-to-business or business-to-consumer. Damn I'm good, or at least I think so!

Anyway, back to clothes, there are times when I need clothes that are business-related with a creative twist. This I don't have, so I went online shopping for some of my favorite designers. If I had really deep pockets, I would have bought much more, but I stuck to my plan and only bought what I could mix and match. I'm still thinking about two pieces. Remember, it's all about the accessories. That's what I always tell the lovely McCarley sisters.

Today I'm creating nothing. I'm still resting my foot. And just now on Iron Chef, Chef Michael Chiarello (love him, the stories he tells with his food, and his sky-high ego) challenged Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian (love him, too, for his go-for-the-gold style and passion). The secret ingredient: Scotch. WOW! Since I don't drink scotch, maybe a glass of white wine would go well with this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment