Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013

I felt so glam wearing this duster!
It was a busy day and my left foot is reminding me that it hasn't been that long since I was in a cast or boot using crutches. I can tell by looking at my foot that tomorrow will be a day when I wear sandals because my foot will be slightly swollen. If I try to put on a closed-toe shoe, it will hurt my foot.

I finally got to wear my beautiful "duster" tonight that I bought to wear to a wedding in early November. It was probably 80 degrees on the day of the wedding, so I've had the duster hanging on a door until I could wear it. It was too hot at Thanksgiving. It was too hot at Christmas and New Year's Eve. So tonight I wore the duster and got so many compliments. It's velvet and has hand painting on it. It's mid-calf length and I wore a pair of velvet pants with it. I felt glamorous in it and had a big smile on my face all night.

Today I'm creating a wine and cheese party at my Tuesday client's office. I shopped, set up, and then went home to change clothes. I went to that party first looking glam, and then went with Mr. B to Martini Madness at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. I drank champagne at the first party, and martinis at the second. I just good two Tylenol so I won't wake up in the morning with a terrible headache. I had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment