Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

It is amazing to me that 18 years ago today I married Mr. B. It was one of the happiest days of my life, although it didn't start out as I expected.

Happy Anniversary Mr. B.
I remember waking up around 4 a.m. that morning, alone in the house. Mr. B had been staying with a friend of his and the girls with off with other friends, who promised to get them to the wedding on time. When I realized there was no going back to sleep, I had a long soaking bath. Then I realized I had chipped the polish on one of my nails, so I took off the French nails on all my fingers and repainted them. Next I washed my hair, styled it and applied my make-up. Later people said to me, "You did your own hair and make-up?" I had no idea that someone else would do it. I was supposed to be at the church at 8 a.m. for photos, so around 7:30 a.m. I drove to the church with my gown and shoes. Mitzie was on time with Kendall (this is before she was Dr. Mc), but we waited until 8:30 a.m. for Martha to arrive with Sweetness. Mr. B was supposed to be at the church at 9 a.m. for photos. I watched out the window from 9 a.m. until 9:30 a.m., knowing that he wasn't going to show up to marry me. But as normal, he overslept. Our wedding did take place that beautiful, sunny morning at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Houston. It was such a stunning day! After the ceremony, everyone went to Brennan's for cocktails and appetizers while we took care of photos at the church. Mr. B and I arrived at Brennan's around 11 a.m. for a wonderful brunch and piano music. I still think about Mitzie getting Kendall and her two friends, Melinda and Katie, drunk on champagne. There were 14 and 15 years old. Mr. B and I left around 2 p.m. for our honeymoon in the Hill Country. January 28 is still one of my favorite and treasured days of the year, 18 years later.

Today I'm creating earrings from the tin canisters I've collected. I'll post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment