Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6, 2012

I've enjoyed the dark color of the flowers in this pot.
They're such a great contrast to the clay pot and
the lime green watering can. 
It's hard to believe that it's my last day in Santa Fe. From the day I left last summer until the day I arrived this summer seemed like a lifetime, but the time I'm here goes by so quickly. How can that be? The next few months are busy and will go by fast, so it won't be long until Mr. B and I are back in Santa Fe for Thanksgiving.

Yesterday I was in a super deep-cleaning mood. I moved almost every piece of furniture in the casita to clean behind, above and below. I removed the rugs, took them outside, and beat them within an inch of their lives. I cleaned out and straightened the pantry in the kitchen. I took everything out of the bedroom closet where we store our stuff and reorganized it. I swept and mopped the floors. It's fortunate for my back that I'm cleaning the master bedroom today, and there's no way to move any furniture in there because it's all too heavy.

Today I'm creating time for lunch with Richard Anderson before I wash all the linens and pack. Rose may also get a bath! I won't be on a schedule tomorrow when I drive halfway back to Houston. Books on tape, Maroon Five and Adele will keep me company while the dogs sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment