Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

I was reminded today that my first holiday show this year
is on October 7. Hum ... I guess I should start getting to work!
I put our flag outside today. I wore red, white and blue today. I've thought about what I was doing 11 years ago today. It was a reflective day.

Then, on the news this afternoon, there was a report about Egyptian rioters attempted to invade the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, tearing down the American flag and burning it. At least 2,000 people stood at the foot of the walls surrounding the embassy as about 20 of the rioters scaled the walls. Rioters also drew anti-American graffiti on the wall and demanded that the United States end its presence in Egypt. U.S. soldiers prevented the rioters from entering the Embassy compound. Witnesses said that Egyptian police at the scene did litttle to stop the rioters' advance to the Embassy walls, which are usually cordoned off. So, 11 years later, the U.S. doesn't have any better relationships with the Middle East than it had 11 years ago. Or 20 years ago. It's a shame!

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client. It was hard getting up this morning and being in the office by 10 a.m. That's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment