Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, 2012

Hummingbird alert. See him/her on the tallest branch?
Late yesterday, while sitting outside, I finally got a picture of one of the three hummingbirds who live in the Pettita Casita garden. Look at the tallest branch in the picture and you'll see the little guy (I know, I need a better camera than my i-Phone). I say "guy" not because I've checked out his equipment, but because of his coloring.

Of the three hummingbirds in the garden, one is very colorful and two are just plain gray. I think the colorful one is the male because I've always heard and read that the most decorative birds and animals are males. This colorful hummingbird is also very aggressive with the other two. He chases them out of the plants and across the yard while making this squeaky noise. Fortunately, they all return to finish the job the little bumble bees started.

Today I'm creating time to watch the U.S. Open Tennis Championship. I've been watching Andy Roddick. Such a great player and this is his last game. It's strange to think that his career in tennis is over at age 30! I'm also going to create time to go into town for some gelato or yogurt. I talked to Sweetness on the telephone last night and she is now working at Sweet Cup in Montrose, in addition to still working one day a week at Sundance Theatre downtown. Ever since we hung up the phone I've been craving a frozen treat. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment