Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20, 2012

All the rain has brought cooler weather. Love it!
I need to stop watching so much daytime television. I could be more productive if I wasn't parked in front of the television. It's my procrastination excuse: Oh, I'll get up and do <whatever> just as soon as this program is over. Then I'll start watching something else. Then I'll tell myself it's too late to start whatever I was going do. And the cycle continues.

So am I really procrastinating or just lazy and bored? I have to be bored because daytime television is the worst! Lazy? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I usually have my laptop in front of me. As I'm watching television, I'll answer emails, organize a project, look at Facebook, write or edit something, research on the web, etc. The problem is that I read and hear about a purpose-driven life, and am convinced that I'm not living up to my potential when I sit around not being more productive. Or am I actually being productive, but feel like I'm not because I don't get dressed and go to an office?

Today I'm creating the finished top to the quilt I'm sewing. In fact, it's time to put away the computer and sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment