Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012

I started out this afternoon looking for a small outdoor table to place on the new front patio at the casita. I began at Pier One, then went to Target, Lowe's, and finally Home Depot before I finally found one. None of the first three places I went had any outdoor furniture in stock, but Home Depot had probably a dozen Martha Stewart tables on sale for 50% off. Love it. Of course, there is some assembly required, but how difficult could it be? Now all I need are the two vintage outdoor chairs I ordered online. 

Looking down San Francisco. Shops on the
right and street festival on the left.
After touring the stores along Cerrillos I went downtown to catch the last afternoon at the arts & crafts show on The Plaza. Since I was at an outdoor festival, I treated myself to a chicken burrito from one of the food booths. It was delicious! The chicken was juicy and tender, and since I had the vendor hold the hot sauce, I was able to taste what I was eating.

Today I'm creating a tote bag. I haven't sewn a thing this summer but am somewhat inspired after touring the arts & crafts fair on The Plaza. A woman had beautiful bags made from vintage kimonos and obis. I don't have any Japanese fabric with me, but I have have a couple of fun vintage pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment