Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4, 2012

These fun birdhouses at the outdoor market
yesterday were so cute, but I resisted.
It's my last week in the casita before heading home to Houston. My to-do list for winterizing the house is growing. Mr. B and I probably won't be back here until November, but four sets of other guests will be here in the meantime. I have dust and clean every inch of the casita and make sure the blankets are ready. It's sad to me that this week the garden will be beautiful and full of color, but when we come back in November it will be brown. There may even be snow on the ground. And who knows where my three hummingbirds will be. Oh, the circle of life! Or is it the cycle of life?

Earlier today I was outside working on my computer and left the door open. Rose will sit on the porch with me for hours and look around, sleep and/or enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, Roz will follow her nose wherever it leads her. Today I found her at the end of the road and her face was a mess. I brought her in the house to wash her face, at which time she started barking, growling and biting at the wash rag and my hand. I was laughing at her, but she was really mad. Now she's hiding and sulking somewhere. But at least her face is clean.

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client. Work goes on even when I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment