Saturday, September 29, 2012

September 29, 2012

Great fries with my club sandwich for lunch.
We attended a terrific party last night for Katie and Andrew. It was in a very slick place called Malverde, which is upstairs from La Condesa. The address is 2nd Street, but they are actually on Guadalupe. From the second bar area of Malverde we could see the city lights from the open balcony. I actually remembered to take my iPhone, but it was too dark to take photos. I drank several cosmos before the younger crowd headed out around 10:30 p.m. to other bars, and Mr. and I headed for the hotel. Nick was dressed in some of his new clothes. In fact, he and Mr. B were dressed just the same (navy blazer, gray slacks and brown shoes). Both looked very dapper! The third part of the Kendall and Katie trio – Melinda – is in town for the wedding. These three women have been friends since they were 11 years old. And even though they are now spread across the country (Kendall in Houston, Katie in Chicago, and Melinda in Brooklyn), they are still best friends.

We haven't done a thing today except stay in our room because it was raining most of the day. Mr. B went downstairs and got us lunch. Look at the size of the meal. I think we could have shared one instead of getting two. I got an text from Caren who sent a photo of her daughter with the t-shirt quilt I made. Very nice.

Today I'm creating a day of relaxation before going out tonight to celebrate the wedding of Katie and Andrew. I hope that they have a long and wonderful life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment