Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012

Molly (left) interviewing Mary Paulette, VP of Bayou City
Art Festival, in my living room.
Happy Leap Year Day! I leapt out of bed around 7:30 a.m. to prepare for the arrival of Ch. 13, Houston's ABC affiliate. I wasn't expecting them until 8:45 a.m. for my interview, but they arrived a good 15 minutes early. Glad I already had "my face on," as my sweet grandmother used to say.

Filming was totally painless. I was asked questions and responded. For a simple reason I wasn't at all nervous: No live television feed. This was a pre-recorded piece along with several other people who are also being filmed, and then everything gets spliced together. Can you say editing? After my one-hour interview, the vice president of Bayou City came to my house for her interview (see photo).

Today I'm creating camera time for the television interview. Oh, that sounds much more important than it really is! This afternoon is free time, although I do need to go upstairs and do some sewing. Since I won't climb the stairs right now without assistance, maybe I should clean the bedroom this afternoon and plan dinner, then sew tonight. Tomorrow I'll be up early again to attend an all-day conference at Rice University. It promises to be "less than fun" stomping around campus with the boot on my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment