Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16, 2012

Thanks for the Valentine's Day roses, Mr. B!
Women of Wine Charities had a fabulous event last night at Tootsies. The bar for WOW events has been set for 2012! I shopped, drank several glasses of delicious champagne, and met three or four women who just joined WOW. As #1 son-in-law Nick says, "Sweet."

After my board meeting yesterday at noon, I went to the Galleria and bought two new lipsticks. (I couldn't go to Tootsies later in the day without lipstick!) Buying makeup might not sound like no biggie to some people, but to me it's a huge deal. I've never cared much for makeup and don't wear much, if any. But a couple of weeks ago I had a photo taken and slapped on makeup for the occasion. Tuesday I put on makeup for my meeting. Then yesterday I put on makeup for my board meeting. In all occasions, people commented on how nice I looked. So I bought new lipstick to aid in the look. I'm pretty sure that women are supposed to ditch lipstick after a year. I bet I've had some of my lipsticks for several years. Now I have new lipstick: one in my normal nude shade and another in a bluish red.

Today I'm creating a sample centerpiece for an event on Feb. 26. Mass assembly will occur this weekend. Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment