Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4, 2012

Bruised and swollen foot from bad fall. 
Picture today of my foot this morning after a nasty fall last night. It was about 6:15 p.m. and I was locking up above the garage. The light was out and the stairs were so slippery from a combination of pollen from the pecan tree and the rain. I was holding onto the rail with both hands, taking one step at the time, and going down sideways, being so careful! Yet about 2/3 of the way down, my left foot slipped and I fell almost to the bottom, first on my stomach before "righting" my way to my back so I could stop my free fall. Did I mention I was screaming four-letter words as I fell? I laid there for a minute, just knowing I had broken my foot and wondering who to call. Realizing that the gate was locked and no one could get in the backyard, I stood up and hobbled to the back door. Passing through the kitchen, I grabbed  a cold pack from the freezer. I sat with ice on my ankle for about 15 minutes, then hit the shower to wash off the grime and survey the real damages. The top of my foot was scraped and already swelling, and my leg was scraped and bleeding almost all the way from my knee to ankle. In other words, I'm was a mess! However, since I could put weight on my foot, I was determined it was not broken.

Never one to miss a good meal with great friends, I dried my hair, bandaged my leg, put on loose fitting clothes, and headed to dinner with Mitzie and Bob, which during the day had grown to include Ashley and Taylor plus Zac and Sara (the Duran kids and significant others). I'm so glad I went. The food at Shade last night was so delicious!

Today I'm creating pillows. I went upstairs yesterday and decided to make three more aprons because I didn't have the backing I wanted for pillows. Going to the fabric store is still on my to-do list to today, if I can convince Mr. B to drive me. Only three days of sewing until the market on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment