Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

My first soft sculpture looks more like a
toy than art, but I'm not giving up (yet).
There are a couple of galleries in Santa Fe that sell soft sculptures. The sculptures intrigue me, so yesterday I spent way too much time creating one. While it's not ready for prime time, I bet the artists who make the soft sculptures in Santa Fe weren't successful with the first one's they made, either. Mr. B smiled, almost laughed, when he saw mine. Not sure what to think about that!

I did get more pillows made yesterday. Of course, I think each and every one of the pillows is fabulous. I need to take photos of them after they're filled. If time wasn't running out, I'd be making more pillows. When I'm sewing I get inspired by fabrics I forgot I had. A friend sent me a link to a market that will be held in March. I need to look into it. And I think our former church is having an outdoor market in April, but I've sworn off that one. It has never been a money maker for me and I get so frustrated!

Today I'm creating felt valentines. These are the last items on my list to complete before the market tomorrow night. And after work Mr. B is taking me to the "urgent care" clinic. Dr. Mc is getting harsh with her comments about my injured foot and threats about what might happen if I don't go to the doctor. She's small but packs a mean punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment