Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012

Mitzie and Ashley at the
engagement party I missed.
Looking good, ladies!
I had a meeting this morning with Denise, the president of Women of Wine Charities, to better define my role as chair of the communications committee. She served green tea and a little chocolate muffin (sorry, Denise, if there's a better name for the delicious chocolate piece). Tea was served from an antique tea set and the little chocolate bite was presented on matching dishes that Denise started collecting when she was in college. I have several sets of china and lots of depression glass, but seldom use them. I like them or I wouldn't own them, so why don't I use them? Thanks for the inspiration, Denise, although I'm not sure serving Diet Coke (my non-alcoholic beverage of choice) from an antique tea set would have the same effect!

After 1.5 hour meeting with Denise, I came home and worked on some Art Colony Association items. This means that so far today I've worked only on volunteer matters. I'm sure Mr. B would say that I'm volunteering too much instead of generating business opportunities. Today, I'd have to agree with him.

Today I'm creating to-do lists for Women of Wine Charities and Art Colony Association. Then I'm going to create pillows for the valentine's market next week. Pretty sure I'm behind schedule on my sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment