Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012

The apron I had to wear this afternoon
isn't nearly as cute as one I make!
I'm incredibly late with my blog today. Instead of writing this morning, I read the paper and then napped. I spent most of the afternoon and evening volunteering with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. If you ever get the chance to go to the Rodeo Uncorked Roundup and Best Bites competition (hosted by the wine committee), go. What a fabulous event! 


During the Roundup and Best Bites competition, attendees have the opportunity to savor award-winning wines from the International Wine Competition and taste signature dishes submitted by more than 60 area catering institutions and restaurants. I don't think I've ever seen so much food and wine in one place! I took a break from serving wine in the "Green Room," which is set aside for the media, to taste some of the food. Everything I put in my mouth was beyond incredible!


Today I'm creating time to volunteer with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Now that I'm home, after standing up for approximately five hours on my foot while walking all over Reliant Center, I'm very tired. Tomorrow I'm going to see the orthopedist. The swelling is almost all gone from my left foot, but it's still very bruised. I'm concerned about one part of my foot that still throbs, after three weeks, so it's time for a visit to the heavy-weight orthopedist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment