Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012

The shopping market last night was so much fun! Kelly really knows how to host a party! Lots of yummy snacks, a killer speciality cocktail (pomegranate martini), and other beverages, including my personal fave – champagne. Of course, today I'm paying for standing up for 3.5 hours. My foot in the boot is great, but both legs and hips are sore from trying to protect the injured foot.

Great graphic, but think "Red Skin"
with the graphic might offend people.
There were also fun people at the market wanting to buy items. Purses. Aprons. Felt valentines. Everything! The burlap pillows I've been creating were very popular, so today I've been looking online for more sacks. (What else am I supposed to do while sitting around with my foot propped up except surf the web?) The potato sack pictured has a great graphic, but I can't purchase it because "Red Skins" might seem racist. Am I being too sensitive and PC?

Today I'm creating ideas, which reminds me of a potential client I didn't work with several years ago. In marketing, advertising and graphic design, clients pay creative people to think about how to best brand or promote products and services. But this business owner was so offended when I gave him an estimate that included a fee for concepts. Sorry man, but that's not how it works! Creative 101 is that you've got to have a dynamic concept that ties the graphic and words together. Without a good concept, you've got nothing! And that's exactly what I gave the man who didn't want to pay for concepts ... nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment