Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

Rose's encounter with Kirby
on Sunday resulted in a trip to the
emergency vet. Stitches require her to be
confined and wear the "cone of shame."
Through it all, she wags her little tail.
I'm looking out the window and can't believe how crummy the weather is in Houston. To think I left the sunny skies and cold weather of Santa Fe to come back to Houston. My cousin, Connie, commented on my anniversary posting from Saturday, wishing us a happy anniversary in the place I enjoy most. It's true. Even though I'm practically a life-long Houstonian, my adopted city of Santa Fe is my favorite place to be.

With that said, I was anxious to get home and couldn't sleep a wink on the plane last night. Nor could I concentrate to read. So I just sat there, staring out the window at the black sky and counting the flashes of the plane's lights. Once bored with counting (the red light flashes every second), I'd cover myself with my pashmina, close my eyes, and try to fall asleep. Unfortunately counting red flashing lights doesn't have the same effect as counting sheep. After the plane landed and we waited for the shuttle to take us to our car, it was off to get "the girls" from Dr. Mc's house. Rose looks pretty sad in the "cone of shame" as you can see from the photo.

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client and working on some bios and a magazine article. At home tonight, I want to do some handwork on my valentines. And drink some vino. And dream about my summer to come in Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment