Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012

The Zamora brothers (Nick & Alex) can
always put a smile on my face!
I found out yesterday after I posted my blog that my uncle died on Wednesday night. Although Clyde's death is sad, it's also joyful because he had suffered from Alzheimer's Disease for six years. Clyde is now free of that horrible disease.

Since the beginning of December, it seems as if Mr. B and I have known someone who dies each week. So many deaths, including Mr. B's mom in June 2011, have left me feeling sad and drained of energy as the tears keep flowing. I'm sad for friends and family as I watch them grieve for their loved ones. I've been through this with the deaths of my "original family" (mother, brother and father), and seem to relive their deaths at each funeral I attend. Instead, I should be happy because just like my uncle, the ones who have died are free of their pain and are now with God. And as friend Shirley reminded me: "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." Matt 5:4. Thank you, Shirley!

Today I'm creating the materials needed for tomorrow's strategic planning meeting. Serving as president of Art Colony Association and growing the Bayou City Art Festivals will be gratifying because my efforts will give me time to learn and be creative. And we know creating makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment