Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012

Mr. B and Evan (a.k.a. Sweetness) about to enter the movie.
Last night Mr. B and I met Evan at Sundance Cinemas to watch The Iron Lady. Meryl Streep was phenomenal as the middle-aged and older Margaret Thatcher. She was terrific, but unfortunately the story was lacking. I wanted to see more about her political career before and during the time when she was Britain's analytical-thinking prime minister. Instead the story was told from the viewpoint of a hallucinating, semi-senile elderly woman. At times I had the impression that the old woman couldn't quite remember who she had been. It would be just as disappointing as going to a movie about Ronald Reagan that focused on the years he suffered from alzheimer's disease instead of when he convinced Gorbachev to "tear down this wall." 


Today during my lunchtime Board of Directors meeting for Art Colony Association (ACA) I was elected president of the organization. I feel sort of numb right now, but will get more engaged as my two-year presidency progresses. The past year wasn't the best for ACA, so it's time for building and growth.


Today I'm creating a press release for my Tuesday client. Later I have a happy hour with the Women of Wine, and then I'm going to end my eventful day with a quiet dinner with Mr. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment