Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012

Flowers for Madame. She's
"Simply the Best!"
It's almost the end of January and I'm still trying to type 2011 instead of 2012. I guess it takes longer to remember and get used to things as you age. Scratch that. I KNOW (emphasis added) it takes longer to remember and get used to things as I age.

I've already had a productive morning. Mitzie came to the house with the breakfast of champions (Egg McMuffins and Diet Cokes) and a trunk full of flowers and vases. This Saturday is the engagement party for Madame (a.k.a. Ashley, who is Mitzie's daughter and my Goddaughter). I won't be able to attend the party since Mr. B and I will be in Santa Fe celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary, so I created the centerpiece arrangements with silk flowers this morning for Madame and Taylor's party (see photo). In Mr. B's and my wedding, Ashley was age 10 and in charge of our guest book. She has always been a little firecracker, hence the nickname Madame!

Today I'm creating centerpieces (done). Writing a newsletter and an ad (next). Washing more clothes (later). Organizing sewing handwork to take with me to Santa Fe (sometime). But first, "Simply the Best" sung by Tina Turner is playing on the radio. Think I'll stand up, sing along at the top of my lungs, and dance wildly around the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment