Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012

Side A of Valentine's apron.
It was a sad afternoon at the funeral of my uncle Clyde, which was made even gloomier by the terrible weather in Houston. It was raining so hard that I wasn't sure Nick, Dr. Mc and I were going to get there. Mr. B drove by himself because he had to be back at work for a meeting.

The truth be told, there are two things I like about funerals. First, I enjoy looking at the old photos of people. There were lots of photos of my uncle when he was younger, several with my mother when they were kids, and even one with my older brother and me. I was just a baby in the photo, but I recognized my brother. It's hard to miss the predominant ears the men in my family have! The other thing I like about funerals is the chance to see family I don't spend much time with. My aunt and uncle had five children, 16 grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren, the latest born just last week. It was good to "break bread" with all my cousins, as well as my nieces, at a reception after the burial.

Reverse side of apron.
Today I'm creating a clean kitchen and bathroom. Who knows. Maybe putting on stretchy pants and cleaning will put me in a better mood. There's nothing like a clean countertops and a sparkling potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment