Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

Three weeks from today we'll be in Santa Fe,
enjoying some winter weather!
Today is a sad day and a happy day all at the same time. Mr. B and I went to the memorial service for Dave Steitz's father this afternoon. That was sad. Both Dave and his younger brother, Bill, spoke so sweetly about their father, who received multiple medals for his service to our country during WWII. Dave spoke about how he really got to know and admire his father during the latter years of his life. It made me miss my dad, who died much too young when he was only 78 years old.

But then there was happy news, also! Dave and Sandy's oldest son, Griff, and his wife, Catlain, are expecting a baby in the middle of July. Sandy has wanted a grandchild even before Griff and Cat got married four years ago. Mr. B said he could hear Sandy telling me the news from across the room. Yes, she is excited.

Today I'm creating time to read my book about Steve Jobs. I'll have to put it down to make dinner for Mr. B, unless I can convince him to make dinner for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment