Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8, 2012

I love this photo of the "skinny" Elvis.
Today is Elvis Presley's birthday, except that he has left the building, eh, planet. He would have been 76 years old today. I was looking for a photo of skinny Elvis to post today, but got sidetracked reading "the King's" autopsy report. Yes, I'll read anything. What a difference three decades make. When Elvis died in 1977, 11 drugs were found in his system, yet the cause of his death was attributed to "natural causes." Amazing! Today, every doctor who prescribed a drug for "the hound dog" would have been put on trial, as was the case with Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson. The sad truth is, they were just addicts surrounded by "yes" people who enabled them to over medicate.


On to a happier note, I hear it's supposed to be getting cooler in Houston. Cold weather always makes me happy. Last night, while I was getting dressed to go out, I was so hot I turned on the ceiling fan and stood under it to cool off. I think I could have worn a short-sleeve shirt last night and been more comfortable. Perhaps I was having a power surge?


Today I'm creating reading time. I'm guilty of reading more than one book at the time, which is the case currently. Can you say "attention deficit?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment