Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012

Photo #2: Her fluffiness now.
Photo #1: Rose, with her bad SPCA
haircut the night we adopted her.
Photo #3: Rose enjoying the climate in the
high desert last summer.

I have a ritual in the morning when I get to my computer. First I look at and answer emails, then I look at and comment on Facebook, and finally I write my blog. But this morning I was living on the wide side and went directly to Facebook. Longtime friend (and Evan's Godmother) Rilla had posted photos from Scouts Honor Rescue, which is a rescue and placement center for homeless dogs and cats. I'm a sucker for long-haired, small dogs ... and Ril had photos of several that were available for adoption. If Mr. B would let me, I would have a house full of them. But since I want to stay married I've limited myself to just having Roz and Rose. 

Seeing the photos that Ril posted made me think of when Mr. B and I spotted Rose at the SCPA. She was found by some firemen and taken to the SPCA. People at the SPCA said she was so matted when she came in that they had to shave her (photo #1). She was so homely that I almost walked away from her, but then I looked into her sweet eyes. She looks so different today (photo #2) than when we adopted her. And without a doubt, she is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever owned. What a personality!

Today I'm creating something with my sewing machine. I'm participating in a craft show on February 7 and have made a list of what I want to create. We leave for Santa Fe on Friday morning and I'm saving the hand work for there. I'm hoping for the same weather we had last year when we were in Santa Fe during January, which was beautiful snow that kept us in the house and in front of the kiva (fireplace). The perfect scenario for hand work!

No comments:

Post a Comment