Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

Roz put a pillow by my shoes so she could
nap. It's hard to tell, but her head is at the
top of the photo and her butt touching my shoe.
You know, my butt doesn't work well in an unpadded metal chair for two-plus hours. I attended the annual "state-of-the-company" meeting for my Tuesday client this morning. This company, like the rest of the nation, had a hard year in 2011. Economic uncertainty. Stock market fluctuations. Political unrest. Drought. Name your poison! I think most people, or at least those who I know, are happy to be moving forward to 2012.

Something I haven't done in a few years – I'm going to work on goal setting for myself this year. I not only want to do more writing for clients, but I also want to be more productive in the personal areas of my life. I'm getting ready to take a more active role in one of my volunteer projects (more about that next week). I want to get more detailed in my sewing projects, including I want to work with leather to make my bags. I need to be better with my diet and non-existent exercise program. I want to continue de-cluttering the house. And I want a prettier garden. But unless I write these items down and associate a timeline and measurable goals with each, nothing will get done. Time to concentrate, Mrs. Pettit! Plan your work and work your plan.

Today I'm creating a cleaner workspace. I'm still working on organizing the office and craft areas above the garage. Another factor that I must take into consideration in my planning is that I don't move as fast as I did 15 years ago. What would have taken me 30 minutes before now takes me an hour or more. Well, except when it comes to writing. My fingers still move as fast as ever across the keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment