Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Good morning, all. There's drama in Houston between Rose and Kirby (Dr. Mc and Nick's beagle). Rose thinks that Kirby is the bomb, but Kirby doesn't return her affection. So last night Kirby had enough of sweet Rose and bit her. Poor Dr. Mc and Nick had to take her to the emergency vet, where she got stitches around her eye and a cone on her head. The bad part, or so Mr. B and I are thinking, is that she can't eat anything today. Probably a year ago, one of our friends, Jan Cottage, nicknamed Rose "fat dog" and the nickname has stuck. You may think that she just has fluffy hair, but not so! I'm sure she'll be telling me all about the trauma when I get home.

Today we're having lunch with The Richards at a little French restaurant in Santa Fe. It has become one of my favorites and having lunch there will be a real treat, as it will be to spend time with The Richards.

Today I'm creating a clean casita before flying back to Houston tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment