Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

Pink roses that will turn white as they age.
I was up early this morning to take my car to the shop. I hope this doesn't become a habit. Getting up early AND spending money on the Explorer isn't a good way to start the week.

Let me go on the record as saying that I'm not enjoying the winter weather in Houston. Oh wait – what winter? I went in the back yard this morning to put food down for the ferrel cats, and couldn't help but notice all the roses blooming. I'm pretty sure that roses are usually dormant in the winter, but not in Houston. The lack of really cold weather is very disappointing because unless we get a freeze or two, the mosquitos this summer will be the size of ferrel cats. The mosquitos will be at the back door waiting for me to come out and feed them as I do the cats.
These red roses are so fragrant!

Today I'm creating some aprons out of fun valentine fabrics. I'm working on items for the February market at friend Kelly's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment