Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13, 2012

One side of tote bag created from a
Snow White Pure Cane Sugar feed sack.
It's Friday the 13th, but I'm not concerned because Mr. B says we aren't superstitious. I do have to go out this afternoon to attend a rescheduled board meeting for Women of Wine Charities, but other than that, I'm staying home. Currently I'm watching the last episode of One Life to Live. ABC cancelled the two daytime series that I've followed for years. No money in daytime dramas, or so the network claim.

Yesterday I made another cute tote bag/market shopper. This one is made from a canvas feed sack I bought in Round Top in October 2011. You might recognize the canvas fabric. I posted a photo on November 16 of two pillows I made for my friend, Mitzie.

Other side of the tote bag.
Today I'm creating another tote bag/market shopper from a nylon sack. When we bought the casita in Santa Fe, I really liked the price and design of a cabinet I saw on ebay that was made in China from reclaimed wood. I took a risk and ordered it. About six weeks later, the cabinet safely arrived. Inside was a nylon bag with Chinese writing. I saved the bag, thinking it was cool and that someday I would do something with it. I have no idea what the writing says. Keeping my fingers crossed that what's written isn't vulgar or radical!

No comments:

Post a Comment