Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8, 2011

This shabby mess of black fur is actually Roz enjoying
an afternoon nap on one of her favorite spots on the couch.
Yesterday was an amazing day! I heard back from several people who I contacted about a donation for the Women of Wine fundraising auction, and all responded with incredible items. My luck was so good I should have bought some lottery tickets.

Last night was also a special time. Nick was working, so Dr. Mc went with Mr. B and me to an art opening for our friends Chris Silkwood and John Henry Childs. Very lovely event with tons of people from the graphic design industry that I haven't seen in years (John is a commercial photographer). I had such a good time catching up with people. And Dr. Mc totally surprised me as she was working the room. Normally shy, she would say to me, "I'll be back in a minute, I'm going to talk to ..." Amazing! At dinner she also sat between two women she didn't know and just chatted it up with them. I was very proud to see her engaged with people and (seemingly) enjoying herself.

Today I'm creating time for the Bayou City Art Festival. Tonight there is a party outside city hall, in front of the reflection pool. It's always a fun event. Note to self: Remember to wear flats!

No comments:

Post a Comment