Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 30, 2011

Mr. B and I are dressed down in our Halloween costumes
as Occupy Wall Street protesters.
Mr. B and I went to an amazing Halloween party last night. This is probably the fifth year that the Spin's have hosted the party, and I've never seen so many fabulous costumes. Of course, the Pettits were low key, but comfortable. We dressed casually, carried signs and were Occupy Wall Street protestors. Our signs read:
* Eat the rich, they taste like chicken.
* Due to budget cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
* Human need NOT corporate greed.
* I'm so mad I made this sign.

Disclaimer: We weren't making fun of the protesters or their cause(s). I strongly believe that we need less corporate greed. These costumes were just an easy throw on from the closet.

A woman just came to pick up the two items she bought during the Woman of Wine auction on Tuesday. She gave me a great compliment when she said she had been to the auctions in the past, but this was the best one because there was a variety of items, more than simply wine and getaways. A few comments like that make the months of work well worth the effort.

Today I'm creating a new apron pattern. I'm going to be in a fall festival next Saturday and need to get busy. Mr. B has gone to a birthday party for his aunt who is turning 90 and I'm home alone with the Roz and Rose. This makes for great sewing time with no distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment