Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

Mr. B won this cute concrete and encaustic
house last night when his number was drawn
in the lottery during the Art Heist party
for Bayou City Art Festival. 
Mr. B and I just got back from an extremely wet Bayou City Art Festival. While there weren't thousands of people attending the downtown festival today, we were amazed at the number of people who were walking around in slickers and under umbrellas, and buying art. I had on a bright yellow slicker and a ball cap. Mr. B said I looked like big bird. When I saw my reflection, I had to agree with him. I was making quite the fashion statement, and not in a good way. I would definitely be featured on the last pages of Glamour magazine with a big black "Don't" covering my face.

While I felt sorry for the artists today because there weren't thousands of people, I tried to explain to the ones I talked to that Houston really needs this rain! But now that we're home, it's great to be in dry clothes. Rose and I are seriously contemplating a nap on the couch during the remainder of the Texans' game. They're currently not winning, but I'm excited that they are wearing pink shoes again this weekend in support of breast cancer awareness.

Today I'm creating some embellishments for my bags. I was inspired by some kitschy flowers one woman had on her bags. I need to try my version of them before I forget what the flowers looked like. Of course, after my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment