Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011

Another beautiful fall morning. I think the temperature outside is only 81 degrees. I could get used to this weather!
I'm on Mr. B's computer and don't have
access to any new photos. That's OK,
I love the fabric in the pictured bag!


Yesterday I signed up to participate in three festivals: two in November and one in December. While one in Novemember isn't juried (just pay the booth fee and you're in), the other two festivals are juried so I'll have to wait to hear if I get accepted. Mr. B helped me compose a statement about what I create for the entry forms. Good job, Mr. B! Wait, who's the writer and who's the bean counter? I immediately went online and started looking for fabrics related to Thanksgiving (pumpkins, turkeys, leaves, etc.). I don't have any aprons that are themed for Thanksgiving. I still have tons of Christmas fabrics so I can make aprons from them. I have lots of bags, but will need more tote bags. And velvet special occasion bags. (Pardon me while I think outloud.) Pillows! Here's my promise: I won't buy new fabrics (except linings) and will use what I've got. "But what if I find something on sale that is fabulous?" her rational functioning left brain asks. "Well, promises are made to be broken," responds her creative right brain.

Today I'm creating minutes from my Bayou City Art Festival meeting last week. Only a few more months as Secretary of the Board, thank goodness. I've done this job for almost four years and I think it's time to move on. I've already approved about five pieces for printing this morning. Tonight (during Dancing with the Stars) I'd like to put fabrics together. Before I start sewing I always spend time coordinating fabrics and trims before getting final approval of the combinations from one of the McCarley sisters or Mr. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment