Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29, 2011

Rose and her bear having a nap.
Last night's wedding shower for Melinda was very fun. I found pictures of the Melinda, Katie and Dr. Mc in their senior year to give to Melinda. It's amazing to me that the three of them still have the same "roles" in their relationship. Melinda is the laid back, easy going one. One word to describe her would be "whatever." Dr. Mc is much more tightly wound, the inquisitive one. Her word would be "really?" And Katie has always been the mom in the relationship: cooking and caring for everyone, wanting everyone to be happy. I need two words to describe Katie: "now-now."

Melinda looked so calm and pretty last night. She is truly a bride-to-be in love. She couldn't stop smiling and laughing, which is so good. My only regret about last night is that I didn't get a photo of the three of them. I'm such a bad event historian.

Today I'm creating a day of rest, just as I promised myself yesterday. Rose is joining me, snoring away with her yellow bear watching over her. This bear is so strange because it's usually in a sitting position. When you walk out in the hall at night, it's spooky to see it sitting upright on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment