Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011

House is spic and span, ready for tonight's shower for Melinda.
There are only a few minutes left until the last batch of lemon bars come out of the oven. Then I'll be finished with all my baking for the shower Dr. Mc and Katie are having for their friend Melinda. Dr. Mc, Katie and Melinda have been buds since middle school. I know I have a photo somewhere of the three of them smiling and hugging just after they were inducted into the National Honor Society. I wish I could put my hands on it before the shower tonight, but I know there's no way.

Katie and Melinda were in Dr. Mc and Nick's wedding on Nov. 1, 2008. In fact, Melinda stayed at the house with Mr. B and me before and after the wedding. She had just moved to Brooklyn with then boyfriend,  now fiance, Tony. Dr. Mc was devastated when she thought Melinda wouldn't be able to be in her wedding because she was living in NY, but it all worked out. Since Melinda and Tony are both from Houston, they came back here for their wedding. Katie and her fiance Andrew moved to Chicago in July, just after she finished her MBA, so he can attend law school. She has flown in for the weekend and to do some wedding dress shopping. Katie and Andrew are planning a September 2012 wedding in Austin. These are three wonderful young women and I'm so dang proud of all of them!

Today I'm creating brownies, vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing and raspberries, and lemon squares, plus some sort of Southwest chicken dip. The grill master will soon fire up his Weber grill and charcoal pork tenderloins. Dr. Mc and Katie will be here around 5 p.m. with the goodies they've made. Guests arrive at 6 p.m. It has been a very busy week and I'm looking forward to a nice, long sleep after the wedding shower. I have three magazines perched beside the bed just waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment