Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15, 2011

Set of pillows I've created. The front is shown on the
left and the back is on the right. These are an
auction donation. Hope they go to a good home.
I really like the two pillows I made (front side is on the left and back is on the right). They are about 22" square, which is larger than I normally make. The fabric on the front is linen stripe around the edges and the center panel is linen toile, which is serious, but the scene on the toile is a rooster and a chicken, which is silly. Normally toile fabric has men and women from the 17th century on swings or something, so roosters and chickens are funny. It's hard to see in the photo, but surrounding the toile is some vintage gold trim and then black buttons in the four corners.  The back fabric (right pillow) is black linen the then a panel of the linen stripe from the front. There is a snap under the striped panel on the back so the pillow insert can be removed and cleaned.

Of course, I spent so much more time making these pillows than I meant to. I wasn't planning to put the gold trim on the front, but felt it needed something a punch of color. Once I had the trim on, the corners needed something. Then the back seemed too plain, so I jazzed it up with a piece of the striped fabric.

Today I'm creating more pillows. I think the ones I work on today will be out of old feedsacks. That is, today I'm creating more pillows if Mr. B, my personal nurse, let's me go upstairs. He is determined I should stay as relaxed and calm as possible until I'm healed 100% from my pleurisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment