Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16, 2011

Fresh eggs from the Baldwin/Gonzalez
chicken coop. Three are a very pale blue.
Nice fundraising event last night at a lovely home that will be featured on the 2012 Houston Heights Association Spring Home & Garden Tour. Two friends went into the silent auction area, loved the pillows I donated and immediately paid full price for them. They have a window seat in their kitchen that looks out into their backyard. The pillows will look great on the window seat, especially since there are live chickens in the yard. I see a theme! Mr. B and I went to the house today. Pictured are some eggs that the chickens laid.

I'm still mainly hanging out in bed. When I start moving around I start to feel sick again. Mr. B has almost (remember I wrote ALMOST) convinced me to go to the doctor tomorrow. I wish we lived in the time of Star Trek when "Bones" could run his handheld scanner across the body and immediately diagnose the problem. I think Jiffy Lube can plug cars into a computer and diagnose the problem. We need that!

Today I'm creating clean feed sacks. The kitchen sink is filled with the feed sacks, a little soap and some bleach. Although the marks on the sacks give them character, I'd like them to be as clean as possible before I use them for pillows and/or tote bags. But first, the Texans are playing so Rose and I will probably have a nap. She shares my lack of enthusiasm for football. And baseball. And basketball. But at least one of us will stay awake to watch tennis, ice skating and gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment