Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011

There are only a few minutes left until the last batch of lemon bars come out of the oven. Then I'll be finished with all my baking for the shower Kendall and Katie are having for their friend Melinda. Kendall, Katie and Melinda have been friends since middle school. I know I have a photo somewhere of the three of them as they were being inducted into the National Society. I wish I could put my hands on it, but I know there is no way.

Katie and Melinda were in Kendall and Nick's wedding. In fact, Melinda stayed at the house with Mr. B and me before and after the wedding. She had just moved to Brooklyn with then boyfriend,  now fiance, Tony. Kendall was devastated when she thought Melinda wouldn't be able to be in her wedding because she was living in NY, but it all worked out. Since Melinda and Tony are both from Houston, they came back here for their wedding. Katie and her fiance Andrew have moved to Chicago so he can attend law school, but she has flown in for the weekend, and to do some dress shopping with Kendall. Katie and Andrew are planning a September wedding in Austin.

Today I'm creating brownies, vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing and raspberries, and lemon squares. The grill master will soon fire up his Weber grill and charcoal pork tenderloins. It has been a busy week and I'm looking to a nice, long sleep after the shower. I have three magazines perched beside the bed just waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment