Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23, 2011

My father, mother, brother and I moved around when I was young, but my father's parents always lived in the same home. Many times when I'm stressed or anxious (as I am now) I have dreams about being in my grandparents' home. I was told by a therapist that I dream about being there because it's a safe homey place for me. They were very loving people, although I don't remember him as much as I do her. He died just weeks after Dr. Mc was born, but my beloved grandmother Nannu lived until I was in my forties.

A couple of night's ago, I had a dream about being in their house and Nannu was there. I was buying their old home in Bryan, TX, and she was there laughing and giving me hugs. I woke up smiling the next morning and every night since I've tried to think about her as I go to sleep, hoping that she'll visit me again. It hasn't worked so far, but I know that when I need her, she'll be in my dreams again to comfort me.

Today I'm creating a matching pillow to the one pictured. The first one, made from an old Purina feedsack, is so cute (and homey) looking. Unfortunately, that's not the case for a purse I made last night. After messing with it, trying to salvage it, I finally pitched it into the garbage and decided to start over today.

No comments:

Post a Comment